Buddhist Foundation Diamond Way of the Karma Kagyu Lineage
PURPOSE & ACTIVITY
The activities that carry out the purposes of Buddhist Foundation Diamond Way include the maintenance, cultivation and practice of Buddhist religion, philosophy and culture within the traditions of the Karma Kagyu lineage of Tibetan Buddhism. More specifically, the Foundation promotes the teaching, study and meditation practice of the Buddhist community in the Diamond Way transmission of the Karma Kagyu lineage.
The Foundation will further carry this out through the purchase of land for Diamond Way practicioners as well as the general public to use for meditation retreats, Buddhist teachings, and practice. The Foundation will organize public lectures, retreats, courses, and seminars on the land, specifically for our Diamond Way organization and by qualified and ordained Buddhist spiritual leaders and teachers from our Karma Kagyu lineage.
Qualified and internationally renown Buddhist Lamas (teachers) of our specific lineage will travel to our retreat lands, (and eventually urban properties) from throughout the world, including places such as India, Nepal, and Europe to guide meditation retreats and give religious teachings and ceremonies. As the Diamond Way organization world-wide has over 650 centers, properties owned by the Buddhist Foundation Diamond Way will benefit countless individuals and thousands of Buddhists over time and will be extremely important in preserving our Buddhist lineage and teachings in the West.
Additionally, other activities of the Foundation include, the promotion of persons who practice in longer meditation retreats (laymen or Buddhist monks and nuns), the allocation of sponsorship funds to persons studying the Tibetan language or Buddhism at an institution of higher education, the promotion of Buddhist art, including architectural and of Tibetan medicine, and the promotion of projects servicing the Buddhist practices of terminal care, as well as the creation and maintenance of Buddhist cemeteries.
- promotion of the Buddhist Religion, philosophy and culture in the North American context following the tradition of the Karma Kagyu lineage
- provide facilities, infrastructure and support for individual and group meditation retreats as well as regional and national courses
- purchase land and buildings in a inspiring, secluded, quiet and undisturbed settings which will provide the physical framework for deep individual inner development and realization through meditation
- purchase land and buildings in urban settings to allow for consistent contact in society with the methods, view, and teachings of Diamond Way Karma Kagyu
- ultimate goal is to facilitate and encourage individuals to reach their highest potential by inquiring into the nature of mind through meditation to the end that they will be able to be of great benefit to the world around them
The Foundation has purchased three properties: one in California, one in Colorado, and one in Wisconsin. They are all located in quiet rural areas that offer secluded and undisturbed locations suitable for our activities. The Foundation has hosted national and regional meditation courses for upwards of 200 participants at both the California and Wisconsin locations over the last 3 years. In addition, both properties have been used for many regional and local retreats for the benefit of hundreds of people. The facilities and infrastructure have proven beneficial to many individuals who in turn have returned to their private lives and benefited many more people. The Colorado property is being developed for proper infrastructure and is currently being used for only smaller group retreats and events and private practice. In the future, more retreat lands and urban centers will also be purchased and developed.